Paris Saint-Germain look for Chelsea’s Conor Gallagher
The Winter 2022 window has been open since January 1, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, the deals!
TOP STORY: Gallagher linked to PSG
Crystal Palace loan star Conor gallagher has emerged as a surprise target for Paris Saint-Germain, according to the Sun.
The French champions are said to be willing to part with £ 50million to land Gallagher, who has scored six goals and recorded three assists this season while on loan at Selhurst Park by Chelsea.
PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino is said to be a big fan of the fit midfielder and he believes Chelsea would be ready to let the 21-year-old leave West London for the right price. PSG want to get the transfer in January, but are also ready to wait for the summer.
Chelsea have seen their squad grow impoverished from injuries and COVID-19, but would not be able to remember Gallagher as he has already played a specified number of games as part of his Palace loan deal.
Blues boss Thomas Tuchel is keen to refresh the team’s midfielder and, although he can’t remember Gallagher, reportedly consider leaving Ross barkley, Ruben Loftus-cheek and Hakim Ziyech all are leaving to bring in new faces and relaunch their candidacy for the title in 2022.
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are n ° 1; Dominatrix in the Premier League
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
09:00 GMT: Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez hasn’t given up hope of getting Ousmane Dembele to sign a new deal despite a setback in negotiations this week.
Dembele, 24, is out of contract in June and is now free to speak to other clubs with Barca and their agents still unable to agree on new terms.
“I am not disappointed,” Xavi said of the situation. “It’s a negotiation. Sometimes advisers and agents can be difficult. But Barca’s position is clear and the process is ongoing.
“I am optimistic and I hope that Ousmane will make an effort [to renew]. He has a fantastic offer. There is always a back and forth. “
Xavi also confirmed that tying Dembele to a new deal would see Barca register “one or two signings” in January.
By getting the striker to commit to the club, Barca can spread the remaining amortization payments over the transfer fees they paid for him in 2017 over the duration of his new terms, creating room within the La Liga spending limit of € 97m for the season. .
PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)
– Internazionale have selected Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamaca as a potential target in summer, according to Calciomercato. However, Juventus and AC Milan are also interested, and the Bianconeri might be looking to take a step in January to steal a march on their rivals. Sassuolo would prefer to keep the forward until the end of the season, but they might be willing to part ways with the 23-year-old if Juve reach his valuation of € 35-40million. Sassuolo also risks losing Davide Frattesi for around 30 million euros, the same three clubs being all interested.
– Newcastle United seek to increase their chances of survival in the Premier League by offering Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang the chance to leave Arsenal in January, according to the Daily Mirror. The Magpies have polled the Gunners about the 32-year-old forward’s loan for the remainder of the season with an option to make him permanent this summer. Aubameyang’s days appear to be numbered in north London after being abandoned and stripped of his captain’s post by boss Mikel Arteta. The Gabonese star is now on duty at the Africa Cup of Nations but could return as Newcastle’s first brand signing from their new owner.
– Manchester United and Liverpool are both looking to sign a local Leeds United star, Charlie cresswell, according to the Sun. The center-back made his top flight debut in September and his performances have seen him land on the radar of some of the Premier League’s biggest clubs. The 19-year-old is a Leeds fan but could be tempted to leave late in the season if Los Blancos fail to stay in the top flight. The teenager has been featured four times this season.
– Everton, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa all keep tabs on Burnley star Dwight McNeil, according to the Sun. The Clarets are asking £ 40million for the winger as they seek to avoid offers for their other top stars, namely Newcastle United’s offers for James tarkowski and Ben mee. Everton would need to raise funds to make an offer for the 22-year-old, while Palace would only be able to submit an offer if they lose. Wilfried Zaha. Villa would also need to relocate some of his team in order to do business with the Turf Moor club.
– Watford appear to be backing boss Claudio Ranieri despite a six-game winless streak, and the club have made deals to sign left-back Hassane Kamara Nice and defensive midfielder Edo Kayembe on the Belgian side KAS Eupen. That’s according to the Athletic, who also believe Watford is considering a move for Besiktas Domagoj Vida, and other entrants in the coming weeks.